Administrative Assistants provide support to managers, other employees, and office visitors by handling a variety of tasks in order to ensure that all interactions between the organization and others are positive and productive. These professionals may also be referred to as Administrative Coordinators or Administrative Specialists. Anyone who has a work permit and can legally work in Canada can apply for this job. If you do not have a work permit and is not currently authorized to work in Canada, the employer will not consider your job application.
We are looking for a master multi-tasker with excellent communication skills and an upbeat attitude. Candidates should be able to assist management and all visitors to the company by handling office tasks, providing polite and professional assistance via phone, mail, and e-mail, making reservations or travel arrangements, and generally being a helpful and positive presence in the workplace. The duties of an administrative assistant may include a variety of clerical and administrative tasks. Answering telephones, arranging for meetings and travel, and managing schedules are some common examples of administrative assistant duties and responsibilities.
To be successful as an Administrative Assistant, candidates should be professional, polite, and attentive while also being accurate. They should always be prepared and responsive, willing to meet each challenge directly. Administrative Assistants must be comfortable with computers, general office tasks, and excel at both verbal and written communication. Most importantly, Administrative Assistants should have a genuine desire to meet the needs of others. You can find more jobs in other areas here
Job Organization: Mouser Transportation Limited
Job Location: Edmonton, Alberta Canada
Salary/remuneration: $25.50 hourly for 40 hours per week
Employment Type: Full time (Day, Evening, Night, Early Morning, Morning)
Languages: English Language
Education: Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
Experience: 7 months to less than 1 year
- Determine and establish office procedures and routines
- Answer telephone and relay telephone calls and messages
- Answer electronic enquiries
- Compile data, statistics and other information
Administrative Assistant Requirements
- Excellent computer skills, especially typing.
- Attention to detail.
- Multilingual may be preferred or required.
- Desire to be proactive and create a positive experience for others.
- Prior administrative experience
Administrative Assistant Responsibilities
- Handling office tasks, such as filing, generating reports and presentations, setting up for meetings, and reordering supplies.
- Providing real-time scheduling support by booking appointments and preventing conflicts.
- Making travel arrangements, such as booking flights, cars, and making hotel and restaurant reservations.
- Screening phone calls and routing callers to the appropriate party.
- Using computers to generate reports, transcribe minutes from meetings, create presentations, and conduct research.
- Greet and assist visitors.
- Maintain polite and professional communication via phone, e-mail, and mail.
- Anticipate the needs of others in order to ensure their seamless and positive experience
- Own transportation
- Public transportation is available
Work Location Information
Relocation costs covered by the employer
- Client focus
- Ability to multitask
This job opportunity is valid until the 3rd of March 2021
This employer promotes equal employment opportunities for all job applicants, including those self-identifying as a member of these groups: Indigenous people, Newcomers to Canada, Visible minorities.
Method of Application
The application process is via email. Send an email including your cover letter and details to the email below