The University of British Columbia is offering over $20,000 worth of scholarships to international students who have been offered admission to study at a Ph.D. level at the university. The Public Scholar Award is available to international students from different parts of the world.
Applicants are considered on the basis of their academic performances, leadership qualities, and readiness to study in Canada. The University is looking for bright minds and they hope to use this award as part of an initiative that intends to create connections, community, and capacity for doctoral students who wish to do their doctoral work in the area of public benefits and integrating broader and more career-relevant forms of scholarship into their doctoral education process.
University or Organization: University of British Columbia
Course Level: Ph.D. or Doctoral Level
Award: Partially Funded
Access Mode: Online
Number of Awards: NA
Nationality: Domestic and International Students From any part of the World.
The program can be taken in the Canada
Number of Award:
Every year funding is available for up to 30-40 new students. Students may be eligible for renewal for a second year (pending new PSI funding).
All Doctoral program or subject offered at the university are eligible for this scholarship.
Eligible Degree Level:
This scholarship at the University of British Columbia is available to students who wish to undertake Ph.D. level programs at University.
Each successful student will receive an award of $10,000 twice, summing up to an award amount of $20,000 during their doctoral study.
Eligible Countries or Continent:
Domestic and International students from any country in the world are welcomed to apply for this scholarship.
Who Is Eligible for this program
The general requirement is listed below
- The scholarship is open for both international and domestic students to study at Simon Fraser University.
- The applicant must first receive an offer of admission to study a doctoral program at the university.
- Applicants must show academic excellence
- Applicants are should ensure they meet the minimum language requirements to enable them to study in Canada.
- Applicants must ensure that they complete their Doctoral education in not more than 48 months. And those who are in their final year of the 48 months, will be considered for this award only under the most exceptional circumstances.
How to Apply for this Scholarship
The steps involved to apply for this scholarship is easy, you just need to ensure that you follow them simultaneously.
- Ensure you meet the eligibility requirement for both the school and the scholarship.
- Choose a course program or be studying one of the selected course programs on the list and in this case, all the Ph.D. course programs offered at the university.
- Have your documents ready and signed. Your documents may include a personal statement, Reference letters, passport photos, and your CV which should be attached to your application letter.
- Applicants should ensure that they meet the language requirement to study in Canada and also prepare for your interview and be ready when you are called.
You can apply for this scholarship by visiting the scholarship webpage. Ensure you read further instructions provided by the University to find out more about the scholarship and if you are eligible. To apply Click HEREJoin our social groups to get quick updates