If you are in the carpentry business and you wish to immigrate to Canada to work, then this is a great opportunity for you. Red Seal Recruiting Solutions Ltd. are looking to recruit professional carpenters who have some years of experience in the bag. The minimum salary or wage for this job is $35 per hour which is a very lucrative offer for a 40 hour per week job.
Carpenters in Canada earn a good sum of money, they are one of the highest-paid skill trade occupations in Canada. Recently, the demand for professional skilled traders has increased in Canada as more firms and construction companies want more carpenters for construction works and other duties like furniture making.
You need to become a certified carpenter to be regarded as a professional in Canada. Ordinarily, you will be required to become an apprentice for a period of 4 years, however, during that period you will still earn some money while you learn because you will be paid but not as much as a certified carpenter in Canada. As a student, you can earn some money for yourself with some student jobs in the carpentry field.
Location: Victoria, BC
Salary: $35.00HOUR hourly for 40 hours per week
Terms of employment: Permanent employment, Full time
Start date: Starts as soon as possible
Benefits: Medical Benefits, Dental Benefits, Other Benefits
Education: Other trades certificate or diploma, or equivalent experience
Credentials (certificates, licenses, memberships, courses, etc.): 4th Period Apprentice; 1st Period Apprentice; 2nd Period Apprentice; 3rd Period Apprentice; Carpenter Red Seal Certificate; Carpenter Trade Certification
Duties and Skills Required
You will be required to perform the following basic task:
- Fit and install windows, doors, stairs, moldings, and hardware;
- Read and interpret blueprints, drawings, and sketches to determine specifications and calculate requirements;
- Measure, cut, shape, assemble, and join materials made of wood, wood substitutes, lightweight steel, and other materials;
- Build foundations, install floor beams, lay subflooring, and erect walls and roof systems
- Measuring, cutting, and joining materials made of wood or wood substitutes
- Repairing and renovating wooden structures
- Preparing cost estimates for clients
- Experience: 3 years to less than 5 years
Major Work Area: Construction
Additional Skills: Work at heights, on scaffolding or swing stages
Work Setting: Residential; Commercial
Work Site Environment: Outdoors; At heights
Transportation/Travel Information: Willing to travel
Effective interpersonal skills; Accurate; Team player; Excellent oral communication; Excellent written communication; Judgement; Values and ethics; Reliability.
Working Condition of a Carpenter
For carpenters in Canada, the work setting and conditions may differ. Some carpenters concentrate on indoor furnishing and finishing. This type of carpenters works at least 40 hours every week which is equivalent to 5 days a week. Other carpenters specialize in outdoor jobs, some of them work at construction sites and buildings.
Depending on the type of carpentry work you choose, will be required to get a certificate to be addressed as a professional carpenter in Canada. You may also be required to work overtime, and you should be able to work heavy jobs that demand physicality.
Requirement to Become a Carpenter Apprentice in Canada
- You must first complete your secondary school or high school and obtain a diploma
- It will be very helpful if you enroll in courses such as math, shop, industrial arts, and mechanical drawing courses in high school.
- If you are yet to enroll in a secondary school, you should know that most provinces in Canada offer secondary school apprenticeship programs that allow high school students to work towards a career as a carpenter
How to Apply
Online: https://redsealrecruiting.com/job/carpenter-victoria-bc-475553/Join our social groups to get quick updates