Generally referred to as Humber College, the Humber Institute of Technology and Advanced Learning, was established in the year 1967. It serves as a publicly-funded college in Ontario in the country of Canada. It is home to 3 main campuses, Lakeshore campus, Humber North campus, and Humber Orangeville campus. With over 6,000 international applicants representing over 135 countries, HC is known for imparting career-based relevant knowledge to its students worldwide.
Humber College offers admissions in more than 190 full-time programs in over 40 diverse disciplines, at levels ranging from certificate, diploma, ESL programs to degrees.
Situated close to the Humber River, the North Campus of the institution has more than 19,000 full-time students and 1,000 of them living in residence. The campus provides both full-time and part-time programs in a range of fields that include Health Sciences, Liberal Arts, Media Studies, Applied Technology, Business along with Hospitality, and Tourism.
International Scholarships at Humber College
Humber College ensures that quality education should be available to applicants worldwide, irrespective of their financial backgrounds. To aid education at Humber College, the institute provides financial help in the form of Scholarships & Bursaries. With a high employment rate of over 85%, the institute is indeed a favored choice for studying in Canada. Below are scholarships at Humber College.
INTERNATIONAL ENTRANCE SCHOLARSHIPS
This entrance scholarship is available for Graduate Certificate, Diploma, and Advanced Diploma students joining Humber in May, September, and January.
This Scholarship incentive will equate to CAD $2,000 off student’s tuition fees over the course of their first year of studies. Further details of this scholarship are:
- This scholarship is for students with a high academic qualification (students with GPA 85%+ and 6.5+ IELTS (or equivalent in TOEFL, Duolingo, senior high school grade in English) looking to be rewarded for their performance in the senior year of high school, college, or university.
- Each term a total of 10 undergraduate and 10 graduate eligible new international students will be awarded a CAD $2,000 scholarship.
- Scholarships will be awarded for students that received their Letter of Acceptance and confirmed their offer before:
- January 30th, 2021 for May 2021 Semester
- May 30th, 2021 for September 2021 Semester
Eligible students must pay their tuition fees in full and the scholarship amount will be credited to the student account after the 10th day of classes. The scholarship will be disbursed in two installments over the 1st two semesters.
- Students must be enrolled in a full-time academic program at Humber for the first time in order to be eligible for scholarships. In addition, students must have received an official offer of admission/letter of acceptance.
- Incomplete applications will not be reviewed.
- Scholarships are not refundable and cannot be deferred.
- Only successful applicants will be notified. All scholarship decisions are final.
BACHELOR’S DEGREE SCHOLARSHIPS
Bachelor’s Degree scholarships are available to students coming directly from high school/secondary school studies, who are non-transfer students (i.e. haven’t attended college or university, or studied in Humber’s EAP program), and are unlimited in quantity.
Humber awards degree scholarships automatically to graduating high school students based on academic achievement.
|* Eligibility is based on a student’s high school academic achievement.
** Renewable scholarships will be reissued if the student achieves 80% or above in each year of the Bachelor’s degree.
|$4,000||95% or higher||YES|
|$3,500||90 – 94.9%||YES|
|$3,000||85 – 89.9%||YES|
|$2,000||80 – 84.9%||YES|
|$1,500||75 – 79.9%||one time|
Bachelor’s Degree Scholarships for EAP Graduates
Graduates of Humber’s English for Academic Purposes (EAP) program with a GPA of 80% or higher in Level 8, who are applying for a Bachelor’s Degree, will be eligible to receive a one-time non-renewable scholarship of $1,500.
AWARDS for EAP GRADUATES
Graduates of Humber’s English for Academic Purposes (EAP) Certificate Program (Level 8) are also eligible for awards.
These awards are based on the following criteria:
- Significant improvement in all areas of English language development, and
- Characteristics of respect, support, and cross-cultural communication within the Humber community.
These awards are only available to EAP graduates who have begun a degree program at Humber College. EAP graduates do not need to apply for these awards. Faculty nominates recipients each fall semester, and the recipients are notified in November.
For more information Click Here
ADDITIONAL AWARDS, BURSARIES & SCHOLARSHIPS
In addition to the scholarships offered by the International Centre, there are other awards, bursaries, and scholarships available to international students from Humber and external, government, corporate, or community organizations. Please read the eligibility criteria carefully before applying.
Click Here for more awards, bursaries, and scholarshipsJoin our social groups to get quick updates