An Office Clerk oversees a variety of clerical and administrative duties in a company including preparing documents, scheduling meetings, and updating company records. Also known as Office Assistants or Receptionists, these professionals can work in schools, hospitals, and businesses.
Our company is searching for a professional Office Clerk to oversee all administrative and clerical duties. If you are a detail-oriented professional with proven clerical experience, we want you. In this position, you will play an important part in assuring our company’s daily office operations run smoothly. Anyone who can legally work in Canada can apply for this job. If you are not currently authorized to work in Canada, the employer will not consider your job application.
An effective office clerk has the ability to work diligently to help maintain smooth office operations. You must be reliable and hardworking with great communication skills. The ideal candidate will also be familiar with office equipment and procedures. Your duties will include answering telephones, distributing mail, recording minutes, and maintaining company files. To succeed in this role, you must be a reliable and self-motivated professional with excellent organizational skills. Our ideal candidate will also be familiar with basic bookkeeping and office administration processes.
Job Organization: Pefferlaw Peat Products Inc.
Job Location: Cannington, Ontario Canada
Employment type: Full time (Day)
Salary/Remuneration: $14.25 hourly for 40 hours per week
No degree, certificate, or diploma
Public transportation is not available
- Record minutes of meetings and transcripts.
- Answer the telephone, distribute messages, and redirect calls to the appropriate department.
- Maintain company files and records to ensure they remain updated.
- Manage basic bookkeeping duties.
- Prepare and mail bills, contracts, and invoices.
- Help with office management and organization processes.
- Track inventory of office supplies and inform the management about any shortages.
- Plan and book travel arrangements and venues for company events.
- Schedule meetings and plan various department activities and calendars.
- Perform unloading, counting, weighing or sorting of all incoming articles to cross-check with the invoice or requisition list.
- Manage mails and ensure delivery to the right recipients, apply postage stamps to outgoing mails and ensure compliance with postal standards.
- Assist to copy, collect and distribute office paperwork as and when requested.
- Type and proofread correspondence, forms and other documents
- Sort, process and verify applications, receipts, and other documents
- Send and receive messages
- Provide general information to clients and the public
- Label, file and retrieve documents
- Receive and forward telephone or electronic enquiries
- High school diploma or equivalent qualification.
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in a clerical position.
- Strong knowledge of office procedures and basic accounting processes.
- Proficiency with MS Office.
- Outstanding communication and organizational skills.
- Must be a fast typist with excellent multi-tasking abilities.
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Fast-paced environment
- Repetitive tasks
- Attention to detail
- Sitting; Combination of sitting, standing, walking
This job advert is valid until the 4th of March 2021
Method of Application
A resume is required before application. The method of application is via email and fax.
705-437-2380Join our social groups to get quick updates